1. Houston is huge. You must have a car to get around this enormous city. Be on the lookout; most drivers here don’t use their turn signals.
2. You can get a 5-star dining experience in a strip shopping center restaurant. The food scene here is legendary.
3. Not everyone has a cactus, a truck, or an accent.
4. Make plans to attend the rodeo, the art car parade, and colorful fall festivals.
5. Never pack away your sweater or your shorts. The weather here can change on a dime.
6. We are a diverse culture; in fact, Houston has the most diverse culture in the country. It shows in our culinary scene, our small-town type of friendliness, and the help we give our neighbors.
7. There are multiple “downtowns,” and in-the-loop is an area many try not to venture out of, although there’s so much to explore all around town(s). When directions are given, you’ll hear this phrase.
8. Houston is an incredibly philanthropic city. Take advantage of generosities that have propelled the symphony, ballet, theatre, art museums, outdoor sculptures, and stunning parks.
9. Houston is a significant port city due to the Gulf of Mexico, and we don’t have rivers. They’re called bayous; hence, we’re called “The Bayou City.”
10. A city within a city, The Texas Medical Center is home to the world’s largest children’s hospital, the world’s largest cancer hospital, and the largest medical complex in the world, serving over 10 million patients a year. If you or yours is ill, this is the place to be.
Ask a Question
Complete the form below to ask a question. We will be contacting you soon.
A team of native Houstonians and seasoned professionals offering a full array of home services under one roof. We create beautiful homes and spaces that embody the style and individuality of our clients.